Happy Lohri Gudiya….
You have brought much happiness in our life… Here is wishing you a very very happy Lohri… This is the traditional song we sang yesterday as you gazed at the fire… You got very excited when we reached “Ho” at the end of each line…. Love you dear…. Maybe we can do the same again today.
Sundar Mundriye ho!
Tera kaun vicaharaa ho!
Dullah bhatti walla ho!
Dullhe di dhee vyayae ho!
Ser shakkar payee ho!
Kudi da laal pathaka ho!
Kudi da saalu paatta ho!
Salu kaun samete!
Chache choori kutti! zamidara lutti!
bade bhole aaye!
Ek bhola reh gaya!
Sipahee far ke lai gaya!
Sipahee ne mari eet!
Sanoo de de lohri te teri jeeve jodi!
Bhaanvey ro te bhaanvey pit!
Maybe a couple of years later… you can join kids as they go around the neighbor hood asking for treats… and if a treat is refused… they sing loudly…
Huka vey Huka.. Eh ghar bookha….
(Oh, Get me a hookah, This house is inhabited by very miserly people)
In fact strike that, I don’t think I will ever be able to allow you to go outside alone. Let me enjoy these moments….
Has it ever happened that you feel upset for no real reason. Well, it is happening today. I really cannot pin point why I am feeling so depressed. There is no actual reason as such. However I do wish this time passes away quickly.
W is away at work. We cooked bottle gourd today morning. This was the first time I cooked bottle gourd and it turned out quite okay. Basically all punjabi dishes have the same base. The base consists of a spicy tomato onion gravy. Then to this we can add vegetables, dal and cook accordingly. I have got some level of expertise in doing this.
I have started LS walks at home. My gym membership has expired and I will only be able to renew it next month. Its too cold to venture out and I have a really bad histroy of colds and coughs. Hence, I am stuck at home.So something is better than nothing. LS walks are quite interesting in their own way.. This reminds me I should be exercising now. It will lift my mood if nothing else.
I met an old friend from school yesterday. I met her by chance after 13 years. She was on her way out from a local store and I was just entering. Needless to say, we spent the next 2 hours chatting and catching up. The outcome of this entire thing was that W had to prepare his own dinner as I was busy chatting.
I will write more next time. Maybe later today.
There are so many thoughts going around in my head. I thought I would do a bullet post and hopefully gain some clarity at the end of this. By the end of this post, hopefully you will know a bit about me.
- I want to do everything at once. Learn Astrology, write a book, shed some weight everything has to be done now. At the end of the day nothing is done and a day is lost. This is the story of my life.
- I think I am coming down with a cold so maybe that is an excuse to not exercise today. Then again, maybe it is not. I think I will do some light jogging today, Wish me luck.
- As mentioned in the previous posts, we have kept “Thakur JI” at my home. Sometimes when we offer some prasad or curd, I have this urge to taste it. I just feel like tasting the curd at that very moment. This happens even though I am not hungry. There is no self control at all.
- I love reading books. i have been known to read all night just to finish a book. however, i cannot understand the story in half the books written today. They all sound so similar and half baked. Chetan Bhagat please note.
- I do not like sweets. None at all. I am happy skipping the customary dessert. In engineering hostel, I would happily pass my share of sweet ( One piece of Jalebi/Gulab Jamun every Thursday) to my room-mate.
I will share more in the next post. Till then please take care and enjoy.